Hey what’s up everyone! BIG NEWS...
What is the course?
This course is the first of it's kind: 27 video lessons focused on 4 specific points:
- To provide the first in-depth course about EEVEE lighting.
- To teach users how to render an interior scene in Blender 2.8 EEVEE in as simple and straightforward way as possible. This includes importing files, adding materials, setting up lighting and creating final renders and animations.
- For current 2.79 users who want a fast track into 2.8 and EEVEE rendering.
- To help people migrating from another application to be able to do the above with minimum time spent learning Blender 2.8.
"A complete and compact look at the Eevee render engine. Learn new techniques and tricks to help you bring your interior rendering in Eevee to the next level."
(Eric's a noted expert on EEVEE at blenderartists.org and was so very helpful in working out some of the tough edge cases for this course. )
"Chipp created a comprehensive, well-researched, informative tutorial series that extended my knowledge, even though I'm a seasoned Blender user."
Un curso fundamental para poder entender las nuevas características de la iluminación en Blender 2.8 y su nuevo motor de renderizado Eevee. Incluye una introducción claramente explicada de los conceptos básicos de Blender 2.8 para los principiantes. No podrías gastarte mejor el dinero en ningún otro curso.
An essential course to understand the new features of lighting in Blender 2.8 and its new Eevee rendering engine. It includes a clearly explained introduction to the basic concepts of Blender 2.8 for beginners. You could not spend your money better in any other course.
Who is the course for?
- This course is for anyone wanting to be able to learn how to create great lighted interior scenes in Blender using EEVEE whether or not they've used Blender 2.8 before.
- For users of SketchUp (and other 3D apps which can export compatible meshes), the course will go over enough Blender basics to get you started, importing your files, preparing them in Blender, and creating final lighted scenes for render and animation.
- This course is for Blender 2.79 users who are new to Blender 2.8 and want to learn more about how EEVEE works and how to create photoreal results using EEVEE.
- Serious users, no matter what platform they currently 3D on.
- People who already know 3D (using any application)
- Folks who use existing path tracing renderers like Vray, Thea, Lumion, Twinmotion and others who want to move to a faster and less expensive alternative.
- For people willing to take the time and watch a video they are interested in more than once.
This remarkable video series is methodically set up for beginners as well as advanced users and speedily presents basic concepts and complex rendering processes with precision, thoroughness, and great clarity. The tutoring is effective. I am a newbie to Blender and rendering, but I can already see this systematic course is going to be invaluable to me in learning how to use Blender with understanding and confidence to produce high quality realtime renderings.
Who is this course NOT for?
- This course is not for the casual user wanting to get started in 3D. This is not an introduction to 3D course.
- This course is not for someone who expects to learn how to model in Blender.
- This course is not for people who cannot learn by watching videos.
- This course is probably not for really advanced EEVEE experts who already have a full working knowledge of EEVEE and have successfully created photoreal interior renderings and animations.
Why create this course?
Many of you have seen some of my Blender tutes as well as my just released , to accurately capture scene settings and help create properly scaled geometry in Blender.
And you might also know me a . The other inventor is none other than the amazing
So, over the past years I’ve created over 120 tutorial videos on my YouTube channel. I originally started as a way to share some quick 3D tip or trick, but gradually tried to advance to longer and sequenced ‘courses’ there. And if I had to say, . The good news is over time I started piecing together what actually works and doesn’t. Here are my current takeaways:
- People watch tutorials that are clear, precise and above all short.
- They want to see stuff get done.
- Design is important. Not only of the videos, but also of models being used.
- Always try and provide insights into information that is not considered known by all (even the “experts”)
- Make videos approachable and easy to understand. Cut out anything that doesn’t contribute to viewers understanding.
- Don’t ramble. Speak clearly. Break up longer videos into smaller bite sized chunks.
- And for me, most importantly, plan it all out. Ad libbing a whole video typically just wastes time.
- This certainly doesn’t mean my courses are superior to others, but they are getting better!
What does this all mean?
Well, I’ve been using Blender for some time, and I’m just blown away by the photoreal results you can get from EEVEE in Blender 2.8!
For what it’s worth, I’ve done a lot of photoreal interior work using Unity and some in Unreal, and a bunch using VR creating VR labs for some of the top companies in the industry. I also did a “teach the teachers” workshop in Art Center and have lectured at universities here and abroad about VR, 3D and even Interior Rendering.
What is so special about EEVEE?
First of all, with Blender's new EEVEE realtime renderer, even the most complex scene takes seconds not hours to create photoreal renderings. This equates to you being able to create gorgeous HD walk through animations of your designs in orders of magnitudes less time than conventional photoreal rendering systems.
You can also create very large photoreal 4K and 8K still renderings, complete with lens blur, bloom and volumetric lighting effects along with camera depth of field, all in mere seconds..
And, you can tweak your lighting, objects and materials while in EEVEE mode, giving you unprecedented control over scene and shot setup.
PBR stands for Physically Based Rendering and PBR materials are used at Pixar and a number of top tier 3d animation studios to create stunningly realistic renders.
Also, PBR materials are typically used with objects that are UV mapped. And for many Blender users on a deadline, UV mapping objects can be confusing, tedious and is always time-consuming.
That said, in Blender, we can create PBR materials which do not rely on UV mapping, so it's easy for Blender users to create and use an existing library of PBR materials and then apply them to their scene objects.
In this course I'll go over how to
- Create your own non-UV-specific PBR materials and libraries in Blender.
- How to texture your Blender objects with your PBR materials.
- How to light your scene for maximum effect.
- How to setup a walk-through camera animation.
- How to use EEVEE to render and quickly export your animation.
More about this course
The Course Syllabus
- 1. Introduction to the course
- 2. Setting Up 1: Config your Startup 5:28
- 3. Setting Up 2: Config your Prefs 3:00
- 4. Just the Basics: 1 9:56 :Interface, Views, Collections, Move, Rotate, Scale
- 5. Just the Basics: 2 7:01 Selecting Objects, Show/Hide, 3D Cursor, Object Origins, Snapping
- 6. Just the Basics: 3 3:06 Smoothing, Matcaps, Q menu
- 7. Just the Basics: 4 9:13 Duplicating objects, Instancing, Modifiers, Linking objects
- 8. Just the Basics: 5 7:48 Node Wrangler, The Shader Editor, Creating Materials
- 9. Just the Basics: 6 8:27 Separating and Joining Objects, the Secrets of Selection
- 10. Interior Lighting Concepts: Why you should bake! 8:19
- 11. Light Leaks: What are they and how to get rid of them 7:36
- 12. All about Reflection Probes 7:11
- 13. What are Irradiance Probes and how do they work? 9:06
- 14. How to work with Materials in Blender 8:20
- 15. No UVs! ..and the secrets of PBR 7:04
- 16. Using the World Node Graph 3:14
- 17. Using the custom basic shader to create lean tileable materials 9:16
- 18. Using the custom advanced shader to create more complex materials 6:14
- 19. Exporting, Importing, Parenting and Scale 9:26 (Includes SketchUp export)
- 20. Simple Project: 1 9:00 Export, Import, Fix Shading, HDRI, Irradiance Probes, World
- 21. Simple Project: 2 9:06 Lighting, Materials, Reflection Probes, Finalizing
- 22. Simple Project: 3 9:09 Custom Materials, Special Shadows, Direct Lighting
- 23. Simple Project 4 5:54 Camera Setup, Rendering and Compositing with Color Tone
- 24. Simple Project 5 9:18 Animating the Camera, Setting a Target, Rack focusing with an Empty
- 25. Case study 1: Bathroom 2:51 Details
- 26. Case study 2: Syd Mead Foodcourt 7:35 fSpy, Images as Planes, Baking Probes, Compositing
- 27. Case study 3: Kitchen 8:25 Ref Images, Glass, Transparent Foliage Mapping, Bevel Details, Dope Sheet
hear from some of the users!
"A fast paced course jam packed full of great material and information. I could not recommend this course more highly enough. It will advance your knowledge of rendering in Blender from beginner to advanced, without having to wade through repetitive or irrelevant content. You'll be producing photorealistic renders and animations in Blender with Eevee in no time at all."
"With this fast paced video series you will grasp the fundamentals of Blender and Eevee rendering engine in no time."
Baffled with fragmented information on rendering with Blender3D finally I did find my way to quick setup and quality architectural visualization and animation using eevee rendering engine, thanks to Chipp's fast track video series. I was always dreaming to have my hands on real-time engines and finally he made my dream come true! "
"Chipp's course is a fast paced introduction to using Blender and the Eeevee engine jam packed with actionable information. If you're approaching Blender from a new package and would like to get up to speed quickly with what you need to create and render architectural interiors in real time, look no further than 'Definitely EEVEE'."
Este curso de Chipp Walters é uma introdução em ritmo acelerado tanto ao Blender quanto ao motor de render EEVEE, recheado de informação útil.
Se é a tua primeira vez a utilizar Blender e gostarias de tornar te produtivo rapidamente com tudo o que precisas para criar e renderizar interiores arquitectónicos em real time, 'Definitely EEVEE' é o curso que procuras.
Carlos Showreel: https://vimeo.com/228018197